BASIC STRUCTURE OF RADIAL TYRE
The construction of a radial tyre
1. Tread: Tread is the part which comes into contact with road surface. It protects the carcass & provide high grip, longer life, maneuverability and durability.
2. Steel Belts: This provides stiffness to the tread & protect the carcass.
3. Spiral Layer: This provides high durability & maneuverability.
4. Shoulder: Shoulder is the thickest part of the tyre. It protects carcass from external shocks & damages.
5. Sidewall: Sidewall is the most flexible part of the tyre. It protects carcass & provides comfortable ride.
6. Plycord: Plycord is the main body of a tyre. It sustains the inflation pressure and endures load and road shocks.
7. Bead Filler: This provides high durability & maneuverability
8. Bead Wires: It holds the tyre on rim.
9. Chafer: Chafer protects plycord at the bead area from the heat generation developed due to the abrasion of bead and rim flange.
Note : Construction may vary with size and pattern.